Deadline: 7 July 2014
Open to: international innovators, engineers, designers, and artists of any age and background
Award: $40,000 in cash prizes
Aavid Thermalloy believes innovative ideas change the world and understands that engineering becomes more powerful when it is paired with human ingenuity, creativity and critical thinking. The Intersections of Art and Engineering Challenge is hosted by Aavid Thermalloy and it is a contest designed for innovators, engineers, designers, and artists to think about the connections and chasms between art and engineering, and to explore how these connections will be applied in the next 50 years. Since 1964, Aavid Thermalloy has been dedicated to serving the worlds leading technology companies with quality products, innovative designs, and global support.
The works will be exhibited in three global locations: New Hampshire, USA (September 12-13, 2014); Bologna, Italy (November 21-22, 2014); and Shenzhen, China (January 9-10, 2015).
- All mediums accepted
- Global entries accepted
- No age limit
- Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to apply
- Submitted work can have been exhibited previously
- First Place Global: $15,000 USD
- Second Place Global: $10,000 USD
- Third Place Global: $6,000 USD
- USA First-Third Place: $1,000 USD
- Italy First-Third Place: $1,000 USD
- China First-Third Place: $1,000 USD
The deadline for entry is 7 July 2014.
Submissions must include:
- Complete entry form online
- Title and description of work
- 1-5 digital images 1020 x 1020 pixels
- Digital files including the artist’s last name, first initial, and country (lastname_firstname_country1.jpg)
- For installations or interactive pieces, a video no more than 2 minutes depicting the art can be submitted
For further information, please visit the official website.
Incoming search terms: