Aberystwyth International Excellence Scholarships (AIES) 2013, Aberystwyth University, UK
Up to 51 scholarships, each worth either £2000 or £3000 towards tuition fees will be available for full-time non-EU students on taught Masters courses that commence in September 2013. The scholarships will be awarded for academic excellence (minimum of a UK upper second class honours degree or the equivalent for the £2000 award and a minmum of a UK first class honours degree or equivalent for the £3000 award, either already achieved or predicted by the candidate’s awarding university).
Deadline: 31 July 2013
In order to be considered for one of these awards, an application for a place on a taught Masters degree at Aberystwyth University must be received by 31st July 2013.
Please see the regulations below for further information.
- Up to 59 scholarships worth either £2000 or £3000 from tuition fees of full-time non-EU students on taught Masters courses are available for students who commence their studies in September 2013.
- This will be an open competition (i.e. no departmental or faculty quotas)
- Separate application forms will not be required. Therefore it is essential that your Course Application be received by the AU Postgraduate Admissions Office by 31st July 2013.
- Selection will be on the basis of academic excellence and the applicant’s suitability for their proposed course. A minimum (UK) 2.i Honours (or equivalent) is required for the £2000 award and minimum of a (UK) 1st Class Honours (or equivalent) is required for the £3000 award. Information on the comparability of non-UK degrees is available at the Comparability page.
- Decisions for 2013 will be made centrally by the Pro Vice Chancellor on the basis of academic excellence (see 4 above).
- Scholarships are available for entirely self-financed students (i.e. they cannot be held by students with full-awards, e.g. Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Shared Scholarship or any governmental award or any partial awards, including AU departmental awards and the 10% Aber-grad Scholarship).
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to future intakes.
- This scholarship scheme is subject to annual review.