Deadline: 25 August 2013
Open to: applicants with fluency in English motivated to work for young Green organisation
Remuneration: €850 / €1200
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) is a dynamic, inclusive organisation that unites young Green activists, Green youth movements and political organisations from all over Europe. It advocates and campaigns for political change and serves as a platform for exchange of ideas and knowledge. It is an inﬂuential lobby group in the European Union with perspectives stretching beyond Europe.
FYEG is opening two paid part-time position vacancies for an Office Assistant to assist the Secretary-Genral and the Project assistant in their headquarters in Brussels and for a Campaign Coordinator to develop and coordinate implementation of the election campaign of FYEG.
1. The FYEG Office Assistant
- part-time position (19 hours/week)
- starting on 1 October 2013 for 1 year (with potential prolongation of the contract later), the contract includes a trial period of 3 months
- flexible working hours
- salary after tax ~ 850 EUR/month
Tasks: to assist and support the accountancy of organisation, in managing the budget, in project management, reply to administrative and informative requests.
Desired profile of the candidate:
- a good knowledge of English and French or Dutch (written and oral) is necessary
- good experience with finances (accounting in particular) and administrative work is required
- good computer skills (i.e. basic knowledge of OpenOffice Spreadsheet, etc…)
- able to work independently
- motivation to work for a young Green organisation is desirable
2. The FYEG Campaign Coordinator
- part-time employment (30 hours/week)
- starting from 1 November 2013 and ending on 31 June 2014
- a monthly salary of 1200 EUR (netto)
- ensuring basic communication between Campaign team, Executive Committee, Member Organisations and Working Groups.
- keeping close cooperation with partners (European Green Party, European Youth Forum, Greens in the European Parliament, Green European Foundation etc)
- organising practicalities in the campaign (booking tickets, printing flyers) support of the external communication team and online campaign
- preparation of campaign team meetings
- keeping an overview of activities with MO (SecGens + Campaign Managers)
- financial management of the campaign
Desired profile of applicant for the campaign coordinator:
- very good project management skills
- experience in project management/coordination on European level
- experience with campaigning is not a requirement, but a strong asset
- fluency in English
If you are interested in either of positions, please send your CV and a cover letter (explaining your motivation and interest in applying for the position) before 25 August 2013 by email to Maria Maggie Dokupilova via firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject specifying for which position you are applying: “Office assistant application // name.” or “Campaign coordinator application // name.”
For more information please read the official calls for Office Assistant and Campaign Coordinator and visit the official website.