Deadline: 01 May 2013
Open to: Highly motivated candidates with interest in international relations, security studies, etc.
Venue: Belgrade, 19-21 September 2013
The organizers of the Belgrade Security Forum have the pleasure of inviting scholars and researchers to submit their proposal papers for the third Belgrade Security Forum (BSF) to be held on 19-21 September 2013. The Forum is the biggest international security conference in Southeast Europe which gathers several hundred top level policy and decision makers, NGO leaders, experts, academics and journalists each year. The Belgrade Security Forum is a unified event divided into two portions: an academic event which takes place on the first day, and a policy segment encompassing the following two days. All accepted papers will be presented during the academic event (September 19) of the Forum.
All accepted papers will be presented during the BSF academic event (September 19), and after the conference, all the papers will be peer-reviewed for publication in the Journal of Regional Security. More information can be found in the attached document.
The Forum is opened to policy and decision makers, NGO leaders, experts, academics, journalists with interest in international relations, security studies, peace studies, etc.
Drawing on insights from International Relations, Security Studies and Sociology of Professions, this year’s BSF academic event wishes to raise the following questions:
- What are the consequences of state transformation on professional international security practices such as the military, the police and diplomacy?
- What is the impact of privatization of international security on those professions?
- Is the social standing and autonomy of these professions intact or are they being challenged by the deep transformation of the field of international security?
- How are their professional culture and ethos affected by new technological and political transformations?
How to apply
Deadline for submissions is 1 May 2013. Submissions should be made electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, and titled “Call for paper proposals for BSF 2013”. All submissions must include the applicant’s CV (two pages at most) attached to his/her paper proposal (up to 400 words). Accepted candidates will be contacted by 20 May.
The organizers will provide financial support for travel and accommodation expenses of selected participants on a need basis that should be explicitly stated in the application.
Incoming search terms:
- call for papers 2013 pakistan