UNDP provides equal opportunity to all qualified female & male including the physically challenged candidates.
UNDP Pakistan has recently established a Development Policy Unit (DPU). The DPU will undertake policy research, analysis and dialogue on selected development issues which are at the heart of UNDP’s Country Programme 2013-2017 including; MDGs and the post-2015 development agenda, poverty and inequality, public service reform, etc. The small in-house team in the DPU will leverage established capacities of our ongoing projects; produce policy research and advisory and set up a development solutions exchange linking national communities of practice with our global network. It will do so directly in part but will rely mostly on agreements with national think tanks and universities, public sector institutions at the federal and provincial levels as well as long term agreements with reputed university centers abroad. The DPU’s agenda of work will be mostly implemented through a Directly Implemented Project (DIM) called Policy Support Programme (PSP).
DPU will be extensively engaged in the preparation of policy papers on different development issues independently or in collaboration with other thematic units of UNDP. To produce high quality papers, DPU, under the PSP, is hiring an Editor with the following job description.
Description of Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Assistant Country Director, Development Policy Unit (ACD-DPU), and direct supervision of Project Manager, PSP, the Editor will perform the following key functions:
- Provide extensive editing and proofreading for UNDP official documents which amongst others include annual reports, strategic plans, reports, brochures, publications, research reports etc.
- Edit and proofread adjust materials according to the needs of target audiences and various partners.
- Provision of recommendations for improving presentation of information
- Manage the development and publications process of UNDPs quarterly publication Development Advocate.
- Compiling information and providing technical inputs for UNDPs quarterly publication Development Advocate.
- Where needed, writing papers / reports on development issues under the guidance of technical experts
- To review and edit the presentation style, format (spacing, indentation, capitalization, paragraphs, and headings etc.
- To check for and correct repetition and spelling or grammar mistakes as well as to improve phrasing and language use for easier reading
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Extensive experience in providing technical inputs to development publications, editing and proofreading; in addition, s/he must have proven track record
- Proven record of editorial services in the development sector
- Provision of editorial services in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build good working relationship with partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ability to network and facilitate professional collaboration.
- Ability to use information and internet technology applications effectively as a tool and resource.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision;
Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports peers, takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable;
Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master degree in English, sociology, development, or other relevant fields
- At least 1 year of proven experience in editing reports and publications in English
- Experience in editing / writing reports / papers on development issues including poverty, social development, MDGs, public policy etc
- Familiarity with UN terminology will be an asset
To apply: Click Here