Deadline: 5 May, 2013
Open to: participants from around the world, at least 18 years old at time of entry
Prizes: vouchers with a value of €250 – €1000 and publications in renewable energy newspaper and magazine
The European Wind Energy Association invites participants from worldwide to participate in Global Wind Day 2013 photo competition. This program is also supported by Global Wind Energy Council. The goal of this competition is to captures the imagination, inspires, fascinates and captivates of wind energy. The theme for this competition will be ‘Discover the stories behind wind energy’.
- This competition is open to participants from around the world.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old at time of entry.
- There is no entry fee.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three images to this contest.
- Employees of EWEA/GWEC, the sponsor and the official media partner are not eligible to take part in the competition, nor are their relatives or members of their families
- First prize – the global winner of the competition will be awarded a voucher with a value of €1000 from Amazon (or equivalent in their country, to be agreed with GWEC/EWEA).
- Second prizes – There will be five runners up; one per continent. (Europe, Asia, America, Africa and Australasia: in case of geographical dispute, EWEA and GWEC’s decision is final).
- Each continental winner will get a voucher with a value of €250 from Amazon (or equivalent in their country, to be agreed with GWEC/EWEA).
- The first prize and continental winners will all have their photographs and texts published in renewable energy newspaper ‘Recharge’ and / or EWEA magazine ‘Wind Directions’ and will be displayed in large format in the European Parliament in Brussels. They may also be displayed at other GWD events in other cities. They will also be published online on the Global Wind day website.
- It is possible that there will be additional national winners chosen from the entries.
- EWEA/GWEC will post information on the competition website on national competitions announced by Global Wind Day national partners
How to enter
- The participants will submit their photo/s and story by uploading through a form provided on the Global Wind Day website
- The competition will be announced and publicised through mass mailings, promotion through the national partners, social media channels as well as photo competition websites including paid advertising
- Photos and stories will be displayed in a gallery on that webpage and featured on the GWD page, Facebook etc
- Digital editing is acceptable provided the look and style of the photo remain natural.
- EWEA has the right to reject any image considered excessively digitally altered. HDR images and stitched panoramas are allowed.
- Uploaded photos should be provided without any borders.
- Uploaded photos must have a minimum of 2000 pixel width or height.
- Submitted photos must be saved as JPEG/RGB, no less than 85% compression.
- Files for upload must be larger than 1 MB and less than 10 MB.
- Submitted text have to be no more than 300 words.
The deadline for the competition is the 5 May 2013