Deadline: 2 April 2013
Open to: Young people aged 18-25 years during the period of the competition
Prize: Invitation to the OECD Forum in Paris, 28-29 May 2013. Travel costs to and from Paris, hotel accommodation and a living allowance will be provided
Think differently: How would you shape tomorrow’s global economy? What are the key issues that you think must be factored into building a more inclusive world? The worst financial, economic and social crisis of our lifetime led to widespread condemnation of “business as usual” and calls to revisit, rethink, and test new approaches to economic and societal challenges. We need to rethink the kind of society we want and reexamine the economic models and other tools we use to create it.
To be eligible for prizes, you must be aged 18-25 years during the period of this competition (17 December 2012 to 2 April 2013). That means you must have been born on or between 15 December 1986 and 1 April 1995. Proof of identity will be required from all finalists.
If you are a member of OECD staff (either permanent or temporary, current or former), intern, contractor, sponsor, or an immediate family member of any of the foregoing, you may participate, but are not eligible to win.
About the video
- Your video must be no more than 3 minutes in length.
- Any spoken language used in your video that is not English or French must be accompanied by the relevant subtitles in English or French.
- Your video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- Your video must be your own original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used without prior, full permission from the author(s) of said copyrighted music, video, sounds or images that you wish to include.
- Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Your video must not have been produced for compensation or posted previously on any OECD Web page.
How to apply
Complete and submit this electronic Registration Form (including a link to your video on YouTube) by Midnight (Paris time) on 2 April 2013. Any Registration Forms received after this date will not be considered for a prize, under any circumstances.
The video author (or a nominated representative, if a team effort) of each winning video will be invited to Paris to attend the OECD Forum 28-29 May 2013. Travel costs to and from Paris, hotel accommodation and a living allowance will be provided for the duration of the Forum.