Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: international students holding Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree
Scholarship: monthly stipend ranges from 8,074.80 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 450€) to 10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 570€)
For decades, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge. The Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Program for Foreigners. These scholarships are awarded to study any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, marketing, plastic surgery, accounting, dentistry and advertising. Scholarships are offered to study:
- Specialization Studies, Master´s and PhD Degrees;
- Medical Specializations;
- Postgraduate Research;
- Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- Bachelor´s Degree and Postgraduate Mobility;
- Art Production Fellowships;
- High-level Conferences;
- Fellowships for Mexicanologists;
- Media Contributors Fellowships; and
- Fellowships for visiting professors.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested;
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions;
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries. See list HERE;
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale from zero (0.0) to ten (10), or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (starting in the third month of the scholarship), transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship (if studying outside of Mexico City), monthly stipend of 8,074.80 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 450€) for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s degree research, Spanish language and Mexican culture courses. For doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations, the monthly stipend is 10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to 570€).
Applications for the scholarships will be accepted till July 31st, 2014. The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican or concurrent embassy for the applicant’s country. No applications will be accepted directly from the applicants. The applicant must submit the following documents (if they are in any language other than Spanish must be accompanied by a Spanish translation):
- Official nomination from his/her government;
- A letter explaining why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico;
- Copy of passport;
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution indicating the length of the program with start and end dates;
- Copy of the diploma for the last degree obtained;
- Copy of the transcript of the last degree obtained showing a minimum grade point average of 8/10 (if a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-point scale must be submitted);
- If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, include certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish from a university or language center;
- Original medical certificate, issued by a public institution no more than three months prior to submitting the application;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Eight recent photographs (not digital), full-face front view, white background, 3 cm x 3cm.
For more information please visit the official website.
Incoming search terms:
- study undergraduate in mexico for pakistani students