Deadline: 22nd March 2013
MMC Corporation Berhad is a leading utilities and infrastructure group, with diverse interests in energy and utilities, ports & logistics and engineering & construction. In playing our role to support the nation’s capability building efforts, MMC is offering a scholarship programme to be awarded to the deserving and academically outstanding Malaysian students, in recognition for their achievement, to further their tertiary education in Malaysia and abroad.
We are looking for talented individuals who have achieved excellent results in their recent SPM examination, demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and active participation in extracurricular activities. Through this scholarship award, we intend to nurture and develop these exceptional individuals to achieve success in their professional endeavours by sending them to leading universities either locally or overseas.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship as follows:
- Malaysian citizen.
- SPM 2012 (minimum of 8As or equivalent).
- Not exceeding 18 years of age as at the enrolment date for the foundation programme.
General Requirements & Information
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership capabilities through active involvement in extra-curricular, social and voluntary activities.
- Applicants should possess excellent command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Applicants should possess strong personal values.
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to undergo a 24 months pre-university programme at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) to prepare themselves for undergraduate admission at top local universities or reputable universities in United States, Australia and United Kingdom.
- The applicant must not be bonded to any other body or organisation.
- Successful applicants shall not accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources whatsoever while his/her agreement with MMC is still in force.
- All decisions of MMC in any matter in relation to the MMC Scholarships shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- The applicants must complete all details requested by MMC as stated on MMC’s website and submit the same online by the closing date as detailed on the website. Only applications submitted online shall be accepted.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.
Relevant Disciplines of Study
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship covers academic expenses including registration, admission, tuition and examination fees, monthly allowance for living expenses, annual textbook allowance, air-fares (for overseas study) and laptop or laptop allowance.
How to apply?
All application for MMC scholarship must be made online at http://scholarship.mmc.com.my/
Note: Website is only available when application submission is open on 22nd March 2013