Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: charity organizations helping refugees and displaced people
Prize: $100,000 for the winner, $25,000 for two runners-up
For more than 60 years, Ockenden International has helped refugees and displaced people across the globe. The Ockenden International Prizes recognize the value of outstanding self-help projects for refugees and internally displaced people around the World.
The prize’s prime objective is to:
- Raise awareness of the scale and range of challenges faced by refugees and displaced people;
- Recognise and reward organisations giving inspirational and highly effective support, and enabling self-reliance;
- Share experience and learning about what works and leads to real change in the lives of refugees and displaced people.
The project submitted must benefit refugees or displaced people and must have been initiated no earlier than 1 May 2011.
Eligible to apply are organisations with projects, programmes or activities that foster self-reliance for refugees and displaced people across the globe. Applicants must be registered as a charity. Applicants can apply on their own organisation’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organisation.
- $100,000 for the winner of International Prize;
- $25,000 for two runners-up.
Application deadline is 31 July 2014, midnight (GTM). Fill out the online entry form HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.