Deadline: 1 August 2014
Open to: master’s and doctoral students from all disciplines and schools
“CMM is the acronym for “Coordinated Management of Meaning,” a phrase that describes what we do when we communicate with each other.The CMM Institute for Personal and Social Evolution is a connector and cultivator of all things-CMM. The Institute itself represents a diverse community of individuals and groups who engage with and learn from one another through a variety of online and in-person forums. Individual scholars and practitioners, educators and thought leaders, and institutional advocates comprise the core of the Institute’s supporters, however, the Institute’s programs and events are open to everyone.”
The theme for this year’s Learning Exchange is “CMM and…”. The event will highlight the myriad contexts, traditions, and theoretical perspectives in which CMM is used, such as CMM and Social Media; CMM and Issues of Violence, Conflict, Peace, and Sustainability; and CMM and Adult Transformational Learning and Interpersonal Neural Biology.
If you are a graduate student working in the area of CMM and Issues of Violence, Conflict, Peace, and Sustainability, we want to hear about the work you are doing. To offset travel expenses, AC4 will offer up to 5 fellowships for graduate students (anywhere) and up to 3 Columbia University alumni.
Check out the CMM Institute website for more information about this year’s Learning Exchange.
The fellowship is open to master’s and doctoral students from all disciplines and schools, as well as to Columbia University alumni.
- AC4 will give up to 5 fellowships to graduate students anywhere and up to 3 fellowships to Columbia University alumni, each worth $1,200.
- Students may use their fellowship to cover transportation to and from the Learning Exchange; accommodation for up to 3 nights; and registration and CMM membership.
- Fellowship application deadline: August 1, 2014.
Applicants are required to submit the following information to AC4 via the online application:
- A proposal of no more than 3 pages (double-spaced, 12 point font) describing their study or project, its scope and focus, how CMM was used, and its projected (or actual) impact and/or professional significance. Proposals can be focused on research, practice or applied research;
- Itemized budget of projected costs for travel and accommodations;
- 1 signed letter of recommendation on institutional letterhead. The letter should be tailored to the applicant’s research or project and must be uploaded using our online application system;
- Brief CV or resume (up to 3 pages);
- Submit all materials using this online application form.
Application Submission and Notification of Acceptance
- Submit all required materials using the online application as stated above;
- All applicants will be notified via email by September 1, 2014.
If you have any questions regarding the AC4 Fellowship for the CMM Learning Exchange, please contact Nathanael Andreini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incoming search terms:
- cmm learning exchange