ActionAid is a unique partnership of people working in over 40 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean to end poverty and injustice.
ActionAid Pakistan (AAPk) is currently having its long term local rights program in 23 locations across four provinces in Pakistan and AJK. This work is supplemented by various initiatives through its national rights program focusing on policy advocacy and campaigning. ActionAid Pakistan is also implementing its projects to support its regular program and interventions through emergencies work in more than ten locations.
Contractual till October 2014
Aug 07, 2013
ActionAid is a unique partnership of people working in over 46 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean to end poverty and injustice.
ActionAid Pakistan (AAPk) is currently seeking qualified and experienced applicants to fill the above mentioned position for the Project “Support Social Protection and Decent Work of Brick Kiln workers and Bonded Laborers in Pakistan” to be based in its Country Office Islamabad. The position is on contractual basis till October 2014.
Brief Introduction of Project:
The Project “Support Social Protection and Decent Work of Brick Kiln Workers and Bonded Laborers in Pakistan” will be implemented in different districts of Punjab and Sindh. The overall objective will be to contribute to poverty reduction and social inclusion of informal workers and bonded labourers in Pakistan. The specific objective will be to ensure that ‘brick kiln workers have better access to social protection services and more productive employment
This challenging position requires a competent candidate to coordinate, support the implementation, execution, and completion of specific project.
• Overall implementation of the project,
• Interfacing and interacting with related departments./units;
• The smooth operation of the Project by the partners at the local and national level;
• Putting a strong quality-assurance process in place to ensure the project is on the right track;
• Building liaison, coordinating and corresponding with institutional donors, implementing partners, units and Departments within AAPk;
• Supporting and guiding partners and other team members in collating information and preparing analytical reports in line with donor requirements;
• Responsible for the quality delivery of all intermediate and final outputs of the project and submit narrative and financial reports as per the donor’s specified formats & schedule.
• Provide support in preparing work plans & budgets
• Preparation and Finalization of IEC Material, arranging advocacy & policy campaigns, registration of Brick Kiln Workers Trade Unions/federations, liaison with all the stakeholders at cluster, tehsil, district, provincial and national level.
• Support in Preparation of material for TV and Radio Programmes as well as for airtime.
• Extensive travelling along with spending time in the field as and when required and reporting regularly on the progress of the projects
Masters Degree in Social Sciences/ Management/ Development Studies
3 to 5 Years Relevant Experience
Proficient in MS-office applications especially Excel.
Good interpersonal & communication skills.
Drafting and report writing skills
Planning and budgeting skills.
Project proposal and management skills.
Analytical and administrative skills
Understanding of Rights Based Approach
Experience of working with diverse civil society organizations
ActionAid Pakistan encourages minorities & strong women applicants.
To apply visit: http://220.127.116.11/aapk_jobs/login.asp