Scholarships for Master Degree Programs of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia 2013/14
The 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992 concluded, among others, the idea of scholarships provided by the Ministry of Education and Culture. In 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarship to students from the NAM member countries.
Deadline: End of April
Since 2002, after the cold war ended, the program had beed offered not only to the NAM member countries, but also to the developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, and Vanuatu. In fact, this program has attracted more applicants, and by 2012, 597 students from 49 countries had been awarded this scholarship.
Due to the international political escalation, the use of the term “NAM” was considered irrelevant. Therefore, the program had been changed to Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Countries Partnership program on Scholarship.
a. Maximum age is 35 year old;
b. Possess a bachelor degree;
c. Not a Master Degree Holder;
d. Have a TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent;
e. Complete the on-line application form
f. He/she must be recommended by the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
g. He/she must be in a good health proved by an official medical statement from authorized medical practitioner;
h. Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will be required to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
a. Required Documents:
(1) Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
(2) Nomination letter from the respective government official;
(3) 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
(4) Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
(5) Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
(6) Scanned TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 2 years;
(7) Scanned Medical Statement.
(1) Download Invitation letter from the KNB Scholarship website www.knb.dikti.go.id;
(2) Bring the Invitation letter, Passport of Birth Certificate, Academic Certificate and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian to acquire the recommendation letter;
(3) Complete the online application process www.knb.ditkti.go.id;
(4) The selection process will be conducted based on online application data;
(5) The selection results will be published in the KNB Scholarship Website www.knb.dikti.go.id and through the Indonesian Embassy publication channel.
a. The application process must be completed no later than end of April;
b. Selection will be conducted on 1st week of May;
c. The selection result will be announced on 1st week of June;
d. The students should have arrived in Jakarta by the end of August;
e. Orientation will be organized in September;
f. The Indonesian language course will be starting in early September.