Deadline: 26 April 2013
Open to: institutions with project, initiative, programme or other activity that has been implemented to successfully address climate change mitigation or adaptation
Award: Award: the activities will be recognized during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013
The United Nations Climate Change secretariat is calling for activities for selection under Momentum for Change: Women for Results. Momentum for Change: Women for Results showcases women-led activities that address climate change. These “lighthouse activities” will demonstrate measurable impact on the ground, and the potential for replicability and scaleability at the local, national and international levels. Momentum for Change: Women for Results is implemented with the generous support of the Rockefeller Foundation.
The Momentum for Change Advisory Panel will select a small number of lighthouse activities to be recognized during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013.
If your institution has a project, initiative, programme or other activity that has been implemented to successfully address climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of three areas outlined, send your application.
The lighthouse activities will be assessed and chosen against the following selection criteria:
- The activity must address climate change mitigation or adaptation, while advancing the active leadership and participation of women;
- The activity must have been implemented, or is in the course of implementation;
- The activity must be scalable and/or replicable;
- The activity must demonstrate innovation and potential for long-term transformation change;
- The activity must be the result of an innovative partnership, which aims to achieve scalable, long-term results;
- The activity must deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits to an identified community, which has been appropriately engaged in the activity development processes;
- The activity must not be registered or have intentions to register as a CDM or JI activity for the next 2 years.
Applications will be judged on the basis of the form submitted; the Momentum for Change team may contact the applicant should further information be sought.
The Momentum for Change Advisory Panel will select a small number of lighthouse activities to be recognized during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013. By submitting your activity to the call, you will provide it with a chance to become a part of a growing catalogue of climate change mitigation and adaptation activities serving to inspire and keep people abreast of the change already occurring around the world.
Before you submit your application, please ensure the following:
- You have the authority to make an application on behalf of the activity;
- You have registered your interest by creating a log-in account;
- You have read and understood the criteria and the terms of application (214 kB) .
If you would like more information about the application process and Momentum for Change, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions section. Should you have further enquiries, do not hesitate to contact the Momentum for Change team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The period for submitting activities opens on 8 March 2013 and closes on 26 April 2013
All activities that are considered to have met the selection criteria will be included in the Momentum for Change website. The information entered into the application form by the registered applicant, will comprise the basis for the entry, including a link to the activity’s own website.