Title: Summer Analyst, Growth Equity
Job Description & Responsibilities
Each Summer Analyst will conduct extensive sector research on a high-growth sector in Pakistan, using Cyan’s proprietary research framework, and identify investment opportunities.
The research will include:
• Identifying viable business models
• Understanding the competitive landscape
• Mapping margins and bargaining power of each value chain member
• Analyzing the regulatory framework in the context of challenges and opportunities,
• Exploring exit options
The Summer Analyst will also construct a bottom-up financial model on a company from the sector that they researched along with a decision making dashboard and a two-page investment pitch
Tentative list of projects are as follows:
Project 1: Real Estate
Project 2: Retail Apparel
Project 3: Cosmetics & Accessories
Project 4: Microfinance Institutions
Summer Analysts may also be required to assist on live deals and transactions during the course of the program
Candidates must be / possess:
• A final year student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a concentration in economics, mathematics, finance or business administration;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Sound knowledge of accounting and familiarity with financial statements;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
• High motivation and attention to detail;
• Entrepreneurial, thrives in a start-up environment;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Department and Number of Vacancies
Growth Equity Investment Team
Number of Vacancies: 4
Brief Introduction to Company
Cyan Capital (“Cyan”) is a Pakistan focused private equity firm. We make investments in companies with high growth potential and are managed by driven entrepreneurs/management teams.
We have discovered that Pakistan is a country full of untapped potential in several high impact sectors. Limited access to capital has been one of the drivers in restricting companies in taking their businesses to the next level.
Currently, the Dawood Hercules Group (“DH”) is the Anchor Investor and first LP in Cyan with a commitment of USD 50 million. The group, with over three generations of experience in commercial and social enterprises, has investments in fertilizer, foods, energy, textile, financial services and real-estate. The group’s companies feature household names such as Engro Corporation, Hub Power Company, Elixir Securities, Inbox Business Technologies, Pebbles and Lawrencepur, among others.
Over the past few years, Cyan has developed a strong deal pipeline in high impact sectors and has made highly lucrative investments in the energy and telecommunications infrastructure sectors. Simultaneously, Cyan serves as the principal-investments firm for DH, thus overseeing, managing and providing strategic consultancy services to various group companies as listed above.
Apply: Email CVs at email@example.com
Deadline: 16th of March, 2014