Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: designers all over the world.
Award: more than $100,000 prize fund for various awards.
The Taipei International Design Award is an annual competition in Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design and Public Space Design open to designers from all over the world. The main aim of the award is to improve the city’s social, environmental and cultural development by providing its citizens a better and more harmonious lifestyle.
The Taipei International Design Award 2014 competition has no specific theme, giving designers unlimited creative possibilities. However, designs should fit into the following three categories:
- Industrial Design: mass-produced works including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- Visual Communication Design: digital graphic creations including posters, packaging, publication, etc.
- Public Space Design: open space for public use, including parks, buildings, private establishments, etc.
The Competition is open to creative designers, teachers and students of design schools, and design enthusiasts. Applicants in the Industrial Design Category must be aware that previous work already presented to the public will not be considered as a valid entry.
Organizers will distribute various awards from their generous $100,000 prize fund.
Registration must be completed until 23:59 (GMT+08) on 31 July 2014. Entries can then be delivered until 25 September 2014.
For successful application procedure, designers interested in applying should complete couple of registration steps:
1. Obtain a personal account name at the call’s official web-page;
2. After obtaining an account confirmation notice, the candidate can log in and upload 3 sketches max. before the registration deadline;
3. Registration is complete once the sketches and the design descriptions are uploaded and the candidate has agreed with the Declaration of Intellectual Property Rights. The candidate will then receive a successful registration notice by e-mail.
Please note that all files must be uploaded in jpg, png, or bmp format. Files should be W1190*H84 pixels, and no more than 3MB.
Entries must be your original creations completed after 30 June 2012.