Deadline: December 1 – January 31 for Summer Internship, September 1 – October 31 for Winter Internship
Open to: candidates must possess undergraduate degree and be enrolled in full-time graduate study program
Salary: hourly salary and allowance towards travel expenses
The World Bank Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. The Internship Program is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries and attracts a large number of highly qualified candidates. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduate students with a chance to gain exposure to the work of the World Bank Group in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the Bank for a career after completing their studies. The advantage for the Bank in offering these opportunities to students is that they get temporary assistance from students who are typically very knowledgeable in particular fields. The job descriptions for interns vary. Some interns research particular projects while others actually help design projects and occasionally they participate in Bank missions. The most common fields of study are: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, and private sector development. The number of interns hired for a given year are approximately 150-200, depending on the needs of Bank managers and their budget circumstances.
Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity. Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs. This Program typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields. Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are located in Washington, DC (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
The World Bank Group Internship is offered during two seasons:
- Summer (June-September)
The application period for the Summer is December 1 – January 31 each year.
- Winter (December-March)
The application period for the Winter is September 1 – October 31 each year.
All applications MUST be submitted on-line (using the “Apply Now” button). Applications submitted after the deadline are not considered.
The World Bank provides also various region-specific internships.
Incoming search terms:
- summer internship program 2013 in pakistan
- internship program 2013 in pakistan
- summer internship program 2013 pakistan
- state bank of pakistan internship 2013
- world bank internship
- world bank pakistan internship
- world bank internship pakistan
- summer internships 2013 pakistan
- world bank student internship for Pakistan
- winter internships pakistan
- winter internship program 2016
- winter internship program 2016 karachi
- world bank pakistan graduate program
- winter state bank internship
- world bank internship amount
- world bank internship application process
- winter internships pakistan 2016
- world bank internship program
- winter internships in karachi 2016
- winter intership 2016 pakistan
- winter internship program 2016 pakistan
- Winter Internship in pakistan
- internship for economics students in lahore
- internship in banks lahore october2016
- internship program 2016 in banks karachi