Deadline: 30 June, 2012
Open to: young people across the world, who want to take action to empower disadvantaged women and girls in Asia/Pacific, the Middle East or Africa
UN Women Singapore and MasterCard are once again joining hands to launch Project Inspire: 5
Minutes to Change the World in 2013.
As with Project Inspire 2012, this year-long digital and social media driven initiative aims to inspire young people across the world to take action to empower disadvantaged women and girls in Asia/Pacific, the Middle East or Africa. A US$25,000 grant will be awarded to the winning project.
To qualify for the US$25,000 grant, the project must meet the following requirements:
- The program must empower disadvantaged women and girls with business and livelihood skills in order to attain a sustained livelihood
- Must be an existing women’s empowerment program.
- Beneficiaries must be women or girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa.
- The winner(s) of this competition will have to commence the fieldwork
- This contest is open to both males and females.
- Participants may submit entries as an individual or a team of up to three members.
- Each participant, either as an individual or as a team member, must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Team members listed in the entry must be qualified to represent the team at the final round, if selected.
- Only one representative from each team, whose name is listed in the original entry form, is able to represent the team at the final round held in Singapore in the last week of August, 2013.
- The representative must be available to attend the entire period and program of the final round.
- A US$25,000 grant will be awarded to the winning proposal to implement the winning project.
- Each winner is encouraged to start the fieldwork as soon as they receive the fund, by 1 December 2013.
- Each winner is obligated to document the progress of the project via social media platforms and regular reports to UN Women Singapore.
- Each winner must submit a full action plan to implement the winning project (for UN Women Singapore’s approval) within 30 days after the announcement.
- Each winner is accountable to use the funds appropriately as discussed and agreed by UN Women Singapore.
- Each winner will be required to take out and maintain such insurance coverage as UN Women Singapore reasonably requires in connection with the implementation of the Project, including personal accident, health, travel and life insurance.
How to enter
Read A Step-by-Step Guide before applying
You can submit your proposal here
- Entries should be submitted in the form of either a (maximum) 5-minute video OR a (maximum) 2-page A4-sized proposal.
- Video entries are to be uploaded on public video-sharing sites such as YouTube or Vimeo. A link to the video must be provided in the submission form.
- Submissions, either video or written, must be made in English.
- Submissions should be accompanied by information on the existing program, biographies of the team members and any supporting materials (e.g. website, social media channels, media features, past awards). Please submit all additional information in one document.
Deadline for all submissions is 30 June 2013.
Up to 10 shortlisted projects will be announced by 31 July 2013. Finalists will be notified via email.
For enquiries pertaining to submissions, send your email to email@example.com