Deadline: 21 February 2014
United Nations Academic Impact is inviting essay entries from full-time university students for Essay Contest 2014. The winners will be offered an opportunity to participate in 5-day International Youth Forum being conducted in New York from 25-29 June 2014. The winners will be provided airfare, room and board to participate in the forum.
1. The essay (2,000 words or less) should relate to ideas of global citizenship and understanding and to the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these.
2. The essay should reflect applicant’s academic, cultural, and national context.
3. Entries must be in an official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) that is not the entrant’s first language or primary language of instruction in his or her primary or secondary education.
4. Students must be full-time university students, sponsored by a Faculty Member or University Representative, and must be 18 years of age or older.
5. The university representative must attest that the applicant is a full time student and that s/he is going to submit an essay in an official language of the United Nations that is not her/his first language or language of instruction in her/his primary or secondary education.