Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of PhD scholarships for University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia. The scholarships will be awarded for academic session starting from Semester 2, 2015.To create a critical mass of highly qualified Scientists in high-tech fields. To build up the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations and Industries in Pakistan through addition of PhD’s in priority fields. Considerable intellectual activity is expected to be generated through this scheme as groups of scientists, technologists and social scientist would be engaged in publishing their research work. It is expected that good number of papers/studies could be produced annually. The scheme would provide our system an impetus for an out-put and productivity. Major organizations & universities would be increasing their R&D by absorbing specialized trained manpower. A number of new R&D Projects having economic returns can thus be launched. The current scheme would supplement HEC efforts for provision of adequate number of trained PhD manpower, to support technology upgrading, develop high standards of Science & Technology, Humanities and Business education/training in Pakistan and to meet the challenging needs of Pakistan’s economy.
Application Deadline: 26 Feb 2015
Programmes Offered: Technology
Course Level:Scholarships are available for Doctoral Degree Level.
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
- Maximum age on Thursday February 26, 2015:
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations or 35 years for all others
- Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website
- Applicants must have secured admission into a PhD program in the UNSW, Australia for Semester 2, 2015 session.
- Applicants need to apply and secure Tuition Fee Scholarship at UNSW, Australia for Semester 2, 2015 session.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
- Fully funded scholarship covering tuition fees
- A living allowance
- A return international airfare to Sydney or Canberra.
Number of Awards: Various
Before applying to HEC Students are required to apply for:
- UNSW Admission (Step 1 in How to Apply) and
- UNSW Tuition Fee Scholarship (Step 3 in How to Apply)