Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to: candidates with a relevant masters degree in social sciences and excellent command of English
Scholarship: EUR 2000 per month
‘Transnational Migration, Citizenship and the Circulation of Rights and Responsibilities’ (TRANSMIC) is a project funded under the European Commission’s Marie Curie actions. The aim of the project is to contribute to the understanding of transnational migration, in particular by looking at the conditions for and effects of transnational migration, possibilities for the mobility of migrants’ rights to be enhanced, and the links between migration, citizenship, and migration and development.
In the framework of the TRANSMIC project, the Centre of Migration Research at the University of Warsaw, a leading institution in Central and Eastern Europe specialized in multidisciplinary research on international migration, is currently looking for an exceptionally strong candidate to cover a 36-month position of a Ph.D. researcher, who will work on a research project title „Migration as a Translocal Process in EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood”.
The main objective of the project is to identify causes and consequences of international migration in this part of Europe, with particular emphasis on migration flows between Ukraine and selected EU countries (Italy, Spain, Poland, Germany, the UK).
The candidate must:
- have a relevant masters degree in social sciences, be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience measured from the date when the master’s degree was obtained) of the research career, and may NOT have a doctoral degree at the time of recruitment by CMR UW
- have an excellent command of English – Academic IELTS (minimum score: 7.5) or TOEFL Internet-based test (minimum score: 113)
- NOT have lived in Poland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to taking up the position
Depending on experience and qualifications, the pre-tax salary will be about 2000 EUR/month. The contracted researcher will be expected to conduct research in Warsaw (Poland), but also travel, participate in network-wide training events, and spend up to 30% of the time abroad with supervisors from other institutions within the network.
The successful candidate will be provided with shared office space, a PC, and additional funding for project-related travel and other expenses.
Application deadline is 30 June 2014.
Application should include:
- A letter stating your motivation to apply for this position
- A two-page research proposal
- A CV
- A transcript of grades
- The results of an English language test, unless first language of the is English or s/he has studied at an English-speaking university;
- Contact information for two references
Applications are to be sent as one e-mail to Ms. Justyna Leszczynska at email@example.com.
For further information visit the official website HERE.
Incoming search terms:
- pakistani students at university of warsaw