The scholarship awards are determined by the Board of Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year. If you qualify, now is the time to apply for this exciting opportunity! Since 2005, we have supported 137 students worldwide. Please note that within the past three years, we have been able to select 1.1% of applicants to become a part of this program. Our decision is based solely upon limited funding, as nearly all applicants are extremely deserving. As our organization grows, so will the Empowerment Through Education program. We encourage you to apply AND to continue searching for additional ways to finance your education.
Application Deadline: 01 April 2015
- Health care
- Social work
- Social justice
Scholarships are available for Undergraduate degree level.
- Our Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world.
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate.
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the ETE scholarship.
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go toschool without a scholarship.
- Submits a complete, legible 2015 application in English (please proof-read). Because we receive so many applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually,
- While our maximum scholarship is $3000 USD we rarely award this amount. Our average scholarship amount is $1400.
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Room rent
Number of Awards:
More than Twenty
Throughout the undergraduate education.
- Wells Mountain Foundation do not require the applicant to pay an admission or processing fee or to buy a number to have the application reviewed. If someone contacts you saying a fee is required, please forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org We would very much like to prosecute this fraud.
- To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a completed application through our website (preferred method) or via postal mail to our office before midnight on April 1, 2015. The 2015 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available starting in December 2014.