Deadline: 30 September 2013
Open to: children and young people from 5 to 17 years old from around the world
Prize: winners in each category will receive a t-shirt and a second surprise gift
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. Their mandate is to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic growth.
Children and young people are invited to enter the International World Food Day poster contest co-organised by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the United Nations Womens Guild in Rome, Italy.
- The contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 17, living in any country of the world.
- Winners will be selected in three categories: ages 5 to 8, ages 9 to 12 and ages 13 to 17.
- Only one entry per person. Submitting multiple entries under the same artist’s name will result in disqualification.
- Multiple designs may be submitted using the same contact email address, but the artist’s name should not be duplicated. This means that teachers or parents can upload multiple files using the same email, but only one file per child is allowed.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolor paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, any language is permitted.
- All artworks must be original and should not include photographic images of the contestant or other personal information.
Three winning poster designs will be selected in each category. Certificates of Recognition, signed by a United Nations official, will be sent to all the winners. First-place winners in each category will receive the popular EndingHunger T-shirt and a second surprise gift. The winners will be announced on 16 October 2013 – World Food Day. The top three poster designs in all three categories will be published on World Food Day website, and shared through the Facebook account of FAO and the EndingHunger movement.
Adults may help contestants if they need to. Entries must be submitted online by clicking in the tab ‘ENTER THE CONTEST’.
- Finished poster must be scanned or digitally photographed. NOTE: if contestants are submitting a digital photo, they must be sure it is in JPG format. Maximum allowable file size is 1.5 MB.
- Posters as an email attachment are not accepted.
- Contestants must enter their details in the fields provided. For children below 12 this field needs to be filled in by an adult and the disclaimer box needs to be ticked on the child’s behalf.
For more information, please check the official webpage.
Filed Under: Contests